[Python-Dev] How to fix the buffer object's broken char buffersupport

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Wed Jun 7 19:01:24 CEST 2006

On 6/7/06, Kristján V. Jónsson <kristjan at ccpgames.com> wrote:
> As a side note, It always seemed to me that the bf_getcharbuffer´s semantics were poorly defined.  At least in the 2.3 documentation.  Has that, and the need for it, changed recently?

I have tried to clean up the language a bit based on how I was
interpreting the docs.  Hopefully that isn't wrong since I am basing
my patch on it.  =)

But since I don't use buffers ever and Py3k is ditching buffers for
the bytes type, I am personally not going to worry about changing
their definition beyond clarifying the docs.

-Brett