[Python-Dev] UUID module

Thomas Wouters thomas at python.org
Fri Jun 9 15:26:36 CEST 2006

On 6/9/06, Fredrik Lundh <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote:

>        6.  Combine 2 and 3: require the user to pass in a MAC argument
>            to uuid1, but provide a SlowGetMacAddress helper that wraps
>            the existing code.

That sounds like the right thing to do, although I wouldn't call it "slow";
just let it be documented as 'might not always work and might be
inefficient', so there's room to make it the perfect and preferred way to
get a MAC address without having to rename it. (Not that I think that's a
reliable prospect, but hey ;)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at python.org>

spread!