[Python-Dev] Switch statement

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Mon Jun 12 03:03:34 CEST 2006

Talin wrote:

> Since you don't have the 'fall-through' behavior of C, I would also
> assume that you could associate more than one value with a case, i.e.:
>
>     case 'a', 'b', 'c':

Multiple values could be written

   case 'a':
   case 'b':
   case 'c':

without conflicting with the no-fallthrough semantics, since
a do-nothing case can be written as

   case 'd':
     pass

> I don't have any specific syntax proposals, but I notice that the suite
> that follows the switch statement is not a normal suite, but a
> restricted one,

I don't see that as a problem. And all the proposed syntaxes
I've ever seen for putting the cases at the same level as
the switch look ugly to me.

--
Greg