[Python-Dev] Please stop changing wsgiref on the trunk

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Mon Jun 12 05:55:57 CEST 2006

As requested in PEP 360, please inform me of any issues you find so they
can be corrected in the standalone package and merged back to the trunk.

I just wasted time cutting an 0.1.1 release of the standalone wsgiref
package only to find that it doesn't correspond to any particular point in
the trunk, because people made changes without contacting me or the
Web-SIG.  I then spent a bunch more time figuring out how to get the
changes out and merge them back in to the standalone version such that the
Python trunk has a specific version number of wsgiref.  Please don't do
this again.

I appreciate the help finding bugs, but I'll probably still be maintaining
the standalone version of wsgiref for a few years yet.