[Python-Dev] External Package Maintenance

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Mon Jun 12 23:06:15 CEST 2006

On 6/12/06, Fredrik Lundh <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote:

> Phillip J. Eby wrote:
>
> > I'd still rather have a Packages/ directory, but beggars can't be
> > choosers.
>
> there's plenty of time to work on that for 2.6...

I have started a thread on python-3000 to try to get a PEP pulled together
to solidify what we want for accepted PEPs and thus lock down what is
expected.  I purposely started out heavy-handed to get discussion going to
get some back and forth going to work something out.

Started the thread there instead of here since I hope the resulting PEP can
be used to help decide what modules should be ripped out in Py3K.  We can
then use the guidelines for future acceptance for the 2.x branch.

-Brett