[Python-Dev] Python Benchmarks

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Tue Jun 13 21:16:43 CEST 2006

FYI: I've just checked in pybench 2.0 under Tools/pybench/.

Please give it a go and let me know whether the new
calibration strategy and default timers result in
better repeatability of the benchmark results.

I've tested the release extensively on Windows and Linux
and found that the test times are repeatable within +/- 5%
for each test and under 1% for the whole suite.

Note that this is an incompatible change to pybench. You
will not be able to compare results from runs using pybench 1.x
against results from pybench 2.0 (and pybench will refuse
to display such diffs).

Enjoy,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jun 13 2006)