[Python-Dev] Pre-PEP: Allow Empty Subscript List Without Parentheses

Noam Raphael noamraph at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 16:10:00 CEST 2006

2006/6/16, Gareth McCaughan <gmccaughan at synaptics-uk.com>:
> None of the above is intended to constitute argument for
> or against Noam's proposed change to Python. Python isn't
> primarily a language for mathematicians, and so much the
> better for Python.

Thanks for your explanation of mathematical zero dimensional array! I
just wanted to say that I really got to this just from trying to make
a *computer program* as simple as possible - from what I know now,
with empty subscript lists not allowed, my library will have more
lines of code, will have more details of interface, and will require
longer code to operate it. I'm not saying that not changing it will be
terrible - I'm just saying that if changing something makes other
things simpler AND goes along with mathematical intuition, it might be
the right thing to do...

Noam