[Python-Dev] setobject code

Alexander Belopolsky alexander.belopolsky at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 05:49:23 CEST 2006

I would like to share a couple of observations that I made as I
studied the latest setobject implementation.

1. Is there a reason not to have PySet_CheckExact, given that
PyFrozenSet_CheckExact exists? Similarly, why PyAnySet_Check, but no
PySet_Check or PyFrozenSet_Check?

2. Type of several data members in dict-object and dict-entry structs
were recently changed to Py_ssize_t . Whatever considerations
prompted the change, they should probably apply to the similar
members of set-object and set-entry structs as well.