[Python-Dev] XP build failing

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 01:49:03 CEST 2006

[Brett]
>> Looks like Tim's XP box is crapping out on a header file included from
>> Tcl/Tk.  Did the Tcl/Tk folk just break something and we are doing an
>> external svn pull and thus got bit by it?

[Martin]
> No, that comes straight out of
>
> http://svn.python.org/projects/external/tcl8.4.12/generic/tclDecls.h
>
> atleast in theory: there is a build process for tcl running if it wasn't
> built before. Could just as well also be a hard disk corruption.

It's a Mystery, and I couldn't find anything wrong in tclDecls.h by
eyeball either.  Blowing away  some directories to force a rebuild of
the tcltk directory appears to have cured it.  There's no other
evidence of disk problems here, but after the current test run
finishes I'm taking the box down to run some pre-boot disk
diagnostics.  I probably left the 2.4 buildbot tree in a broken state,
BTW -- if I don't remember to fix that, somebody poke me :-)