[Python-Dev] beta1 coming real soon

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 05:49:43 CEST 2006

On 6/19/06, Trent Mick <trentm at activestate.com> wrote:
> Trent Mick wrote:
> >> * [ 1462338 ] upgrade pyexpat to expat 2.0.0
> >>    http://python.org/sf/1462338
> >>
> >> * [ 1295808 ] expat symbols should be namespaced in pyexpat
> >>    http://python.org/sf/1295808
> >
> > These are in now. I don't see any failures yet, either on the buildbots
> > or on the Windows/Linux/Mac OS X boxes I tested on.
>
> It looks like this broke the x86 cygwin build:
>
> http://python.org/dev/buildbot/trunk/x86%20cygwin%20trunk/builds/859/step-test/0

Unfortunately, it's always red, athough this failure is new.

> I don't have this environment setup right now, though I'll try to check
> in the morning if someone hasn't beaten me to it. (Showing my ignorance
> here and grasping at straws: this wouldn't be because of some extern
> C-name-mangling-with-underscore-prefix thing would it?)

I didn't see where pyexpat.c got rebuilt in the compile/test steps.
Which would explain why it can't find new names.  Not sure if that's
the problem or not.  make distclean is supposed to clean that up, hmm
I wonder if distclean was run before this build.  I'm gonna try to
force another build on cygwin.  Anthony might need to do a manual make
distclean.