[Python-Dev] PyRange_New() alternative?

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 22 20:55:25 CEST 2006

--- Georg Brandl <g.brandl at gmx.net> wrote:

> Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve wrote:
> > http://docs.python.org/dev/whatsnew/ports.html says:
> >
> >   The PyRange_New() function was removed. It was never documented, never
> used
> > in the core code, and had dangerously lax error checking.
> >
> > I use this function (don't remember how I found it; this was years ago),
> > therefore my code doesn't compile with 2.5b1 (it did OK before with 2.5a2).
> Is
> > there an alternative spelling for PyRange_New()?
>
> You can call PyRange_Type with the appropriate parameters.

Thanks a lot for the hint! However, I cannot find any documentation for
PyRange_*. I tried this page...

  http://docs.python.org/api/genindex.html

and google. Did I miss something?

I am sure I can get this to work with some digging, but I am posting here to
highlight a communication problem. I feel if a function is removed the
alternative should be made obvious in the associated documentation; in
particular if there is no existing documentation for the alternative.