[Python-Dev] PEP 3103: A Switch/Case Statement

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Mon Jun 26 21:23:00 CEST 2006

I've written a new PEP, summarizing (my reaction to) the recent
discussion on adding a switch statement. While I have my preferences,
I'm trying to do various alternatives justice in the descriptions. The
PEP also introduces some standard terminology that may be helpful in
future discussions. I'm putting this in the Py3k series to gives us
extra time to decide; it's too important to rush it.

  http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3103/

Feedback (also about misrepresentation of alternatives I don't favor)
is most welcome, either to me directly or as a followup to this post.