[Python-Dev] doc for new restricted execution design for Python

Tue Jun 27 19:53:45 CEST 2006

Brett Cannon wrote:
> On 6/27/06, Jim Jewett <jimjjewett at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Caps and current usage should also be available (though read-only)
>> from python; it is quite sensible to spill some cache when getting too
>> close to your memory limit.
>
> Yeah, being able to read your restrictions seems reasonable to do from an
> untrusted interpreter.

Certainly in some cases I'd like to run a Python program that claims it
"plays nice" without its being able to see that it is in jail. Otherwise
I can't escalate my trust of the code based on old behavior (it might be
nice only when the jailer is around).  So, reading your restrictions is
a capability I'd like to be able to control.

-- Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org