[Python-Dev] Cleanup of test harness for Python

Frank Wierzbicki fwierzbicki at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 16:05:14 CEST 2006

Hello all,

According to the thread that includes
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2006-June/065727.html
there will be some effort in 2.6 to make the tests in Python more
consistent.  I would like to help with that effort, partly to sneak in
some checks for CPython internal tests that should be excluded from
Jython, but mainly to understand the future implementation of Python
for which the tests provide the only real spec.  Which of the current
tests is closest to an "ideal" test, so I can use it as a model?

Thanks,

-Frank Wierzbicki