[Python-Dev] how long to wait for expat to incorporate a fix to prevent a crasher?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Jun 30 22:03:50 CEST 2006

Brett Cannon wrote:
> The question is how long do we wait for the expat developers to patch
> and do a micro release?  Do we just leave this possible crasher in and
> just rely entirely on the expat developers, or do we patch our copy and
> use that until they get around to doing their next version push?

If you have a patch, you should commit it to our copy. Make sure you
activate the test case, so that somebody incorporating the next Expat
release doesn't mistakenly roll back your change.

Of course, you might wait a few days to see whether Fred creates another
release that we could incorporate without introducing new features.

Regards,
Martin