[Python-Dev] how long to wait for expat to incorporate a fix to prevent a crasher?
brett at python.org
Fri Jun 30 22:54:13 CEST 2006
On 6/30/06, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> Brett Cannon wrote:
> > The question is how long do we wait for the expat developers to patch
> > and do a micro release? Do we just leave this possible crasher in and
> > just rely entirely on the expat developers, or do we patch our copy and
> > use that until they get around to doing their next version push?
> If you have a patch, you should commit it to our copy. Make sure you
> activate the test case, so that somebody incorporating the next Expat
> release doesn't mistakenly roll back your change.
OK, will do.
Of course, you might wait a few days to see whether Fred creates another
> release that we could incorporate without introducing new features.
Yeah, I am going to wait a little while.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Python-Dev