[Python-Dev] bytes.from_hex()

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Fri Mar 3 08:10:22 CET 2006

    Greg> (BTW, doesn't the fact that you *can* load an XML file into
    Greg> what we call a "text editor" say something?)

Why not answer that question for yourself, and then turn that answer
into a description of "text semantics"?

For me, it says that, just like a gzipped file or the Linux kernel, I
can load an XML file into a text editor.  But unlike the .gz or
vmlinuz, I can easily find many useful things to do to the XML string
in the text editor.

Doesn't that make base64 non-text by analogy to other "look but don't
touch" strings like a .gz or vmlinuz?