[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] Python humor

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 19:17:48 CET 2006

[Anna Ravenscroft]

[Phillip]
>>> By this argument, we should be using ob.len() instead of len(ob), and
>>> ob.iter() instead of iter(ob).

[Oleg]
>>   Yes, I think it'd be more consistent and more object-oriented. After all
>> we've switched from string.split(x, y) to x.split(y)...

[Raymond Hettinger]
> LOL, Shakespearean comedy on python-dev:
>
> * Phillip mistates Anna's position and shoots down a straw-man.
> * Oleg agrees with a literal reading of Phillips note, missing the sarcasm
> entirely.

Then

* Raymond points out those foibles in a humorous way.
* Uncle Timmy replies in fashion that's hard to understand, although some
  suspect he's insinuating that all missed the point ;-)

How's everyone doing, BTW?  I think I picked up the Texas Mystery
Disease from Holger Krekel -- bed-ridden 20 hours Saturday, and most
of Sunday, with dry cough and high fever.  Or that's just a normal
outcome of sprinting :-)