[Python-Dev] Two gcmodule patches

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Tue Mar 7 00:16:24 CET 2006

There are two patches on SF to add a couple of features to the gc
module.  Skip wrote one (which I reviewed) and I wrote the other.
Neither is earth shattering, but they're helpful when debugging gc

Skips adds some timing output when DEBUG_STATS is set:

Mine adds gc.get_count() -- a parallel to .get_threshold() -- and also
adds an optional 'generation' argument to gc.collect().

The patch also cleans up a couple of gcc warnings.