[Python-Dev] Developing/patching ctypes

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Mar 10 09:01:00 CET 2006

Thomas Heller wrote:
> Would it be a solution to move the 'official' ctypes development into
> Python SVN external/ctypes, or would this be considered abuse?  Another
> location in SVN could be used as well, if external is though to contain
> only vendor drops...

external indeed is meant only for vendor drops.

I personally don't mind having the "upstream" ctypes repository also
in svn.python.org; this would be similar to distutils, setuptools,
and (I think) the email package. Currently, some of them live in
sandbox/trunk, but I wouldn't mind it living in /ctypes/trunk, either.
Be aware that the set of committers to svn.python.org/projects is
currently restricted to Python committers.

Regards,
Martin