[Python-Dev] libbzip2 version?
alan.mcintyre at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 01:46:39 CET 2006
The current PCBuild/readme.txt directs people to
http://sources.redhat.com/bzip2 to get the 1.0.2 version of libbz2. The
RedHat link redirects to http://www.bzip.org, which shows that 1.0.3 was
released in February 2005. I suggest that Python 2.5 should move up to
1.0.3, and that readme.txt should point to bzip.org instead of
redhat.com. I'll make & submit a patch if that would help.
Here's the changelog entry for 1.0.3:
1.0.3 (15 Feb 05)
Fixes some minor bugs since the last version, 1.0.2.
* Further robustification against corrupted compressed data.
There are currently no known bitstreams which can cause the
decompressor to crash, loop or access memory which does not
belong to it. If you are using bzip2 or the library to
decompress bitstreams from untrusted sources, an upgrade
to 1.0.3 is recommended.
* The documentation has been converted to XML, from which html
and pdf can be derived.
* Various minor bugs in the documentation have been fixed.
* Fixes for various compilation warnings with newer versions of
gcc, and on 64-bit platforms.
* The BZ_NO_STDIO cpp symbol was not properly observed in 1.0.2.
This has been fixed.
More information about the Python-Dev