[Python-Dev] Developing/patching ctypes (was: Re: integrating ctypes into python)

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Tue Mar 14 14:22:04 CET 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 21:38 -0800, Neal Norwitz wrote:
> On 3/9/06, Thomas Heller <theller at python.net> wrote:
> > Would it be a solution to move the 'official' ctypes development into
> > Python SVN external/ctypes, or would this be considered abuse?  Another
> > location in SVN could be used as well, if external is though to contain
> > only vendor drops...
>
> Thomas,
>
> I'd be fine with the official ctypes repo being Python SVN.

The sandbox seems a fine place for this.  It's what I'm currently doing
with the email package.  Two of the three versions are actually
external'd from Python branches and contain extra stuff to enable
standalone releases.  The third is being developed first in the sandbox,
but will soon be merged back into the trunk and then managed in the same
way as the other two.  Except for the usual headaches of managing three
versions of a package, it's working out quite well.

-Barry