[Python-Dev] Still looking for volunteer to run Windows buildbot

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 00:07:13 CET 2006

[Trent Mick, on test_winsound]
> I'll do this tonight or tomorrow.

Cool!

I see that your Win2K buildbot slave always dies in the compile step now, with

"""
------ Build started: Project: pythoncore, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

Compiling resources...
generate buildinfo
cl.exe -c -D_WIN32 -DUSE_DL_EXPORT -D_WINDOWS -DWIN32 -D_WINDLL
-D_DEBUG -MDd ..\Modules\getbuildinfo.c -Fogetbuildinfo.o -I..\Include
-I..\PC
Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 13.10.3077 for 80x86
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1984-2002. All rights reserved.
getbuildinfo.c
Linking...
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file './python25_d.dll'
"""

That happened to me once, but I still don't understand it.  It turned
out that  the corresponding python_d.exe was still running (for hours,
and hours, and hours, ...), and I had to manually kill the process.
I'm not sure that was enough, because I coincidentally rebooted the
box before the buildbot tests ran again.  I am pretty sure that the
symptom above won't fix itself.

Possibly related:  since we upgraded to a new bsddb (and this may be
coincidence), I've seen two failure modes in test_shelve:  test_bool
(which is the first test) never completes, and test_bool does complete
but fails.  Turns out both are rare failure modes, and they haven't
happened again since I prepared myself to dig into them <0.5 wink>.