[Python-Dev] Bug Day?

Georg Brandl g.brandl at gmx.net
Wed Mar 15 09:40:28 CET 2006

Neil Schemenauer wrote:
> I think it would be a good idea to follow the Plone project and try
> to encourage new developers by offering assistance to get them up
> and running.  AFAIK, we've done that for the other bug days but it
> might help to publish the fact that no prior Python development
> experience is necessary.

That's right, though I guess it'll be hard to find new core developers.
Unfortunately, for most people developing _with_ Python is much more fun than
developing Python.

Settling on Friday, how about the 31st of March?

If that's okay for the VIPs, I will send out announcements on python-list, the
non-english newsgroups and lists and ask Tim to place it on the website.

Georg