[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] r43041 - python/trunk/Modules/_ctypes/cfield.c

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Wed Mar 15 23:08:55 CET 2006

Tim Peters wrote:
> [Martin]
>> I believe it does: the ctypes maintainer wants to keep the
>> code identical across releases (AFAICT).

Correct, that's why I listed it in PEP 291.

> Fair enough -- I reverted the checkin.  It's going to need #if'ery on
> the Python version, though, if it wants to match a
> Python-version-dependent data width with an appropriate format code.

You could have left it in, I'm very thankful for any help that I get.
Making the patch version independent is my job - unless someone else
takes care of it, of course.

BTW: Is a "porting guide" to make extension modules compatible with 2.5
available somewhere? PEP 353 scratches only the surface...

Thomas