[Python-Dev] bytes thoughts

Baptiste Carvello baptiste13 at altern.org
Thu Mar 16 23:51:00 CET 2006

Josiah Carlson a écrit :

> They aren't considered because they are *obvious* to most (if not all)
> sane people who use Python.

They are not *that* obvious. Logical operations on ints have allowed users to
forget about size (and shoot themselves in the foot from time to time). Or is
1^(~1) == -1 obvious ? Well, maybe that's not sane either :-)

> Think of future bytes behavior to be
> similar to current array behavior, with a few bits and pieces added to
> make life easier (like all of the current string methods, etc.)

I didn't get before that the array behavior really *defined* the bytes behavior.
OK, I'll keep that in mind.

Cheers,
BC