[Python-Dev] Python 2.5 Schedule

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 08:48:35 CET 2006

I posted a message to c.l.p about the upcoming alpha 1.

Just in case anybody here's been snoozing, 2.5 alpha 1 is coming up
real quick, hopefully within a couple of weeks.  If you have any
*major* features (particularly implemented in C) that you want to see
in 2.5, bring it up now.  I want to strive for feature completeness by
alpha 1.  I know we will have some .py modules that won't make it into
alpha 1, but they really should make it in by alpha 2 or be deferred
to 2.6.

For any important bugs or patches, add comments to them.  There's
still a bunch that I want to see go in.

If all goes well, with alphas 1 & 2, maybe we could even skip an alpha
3?  We can make a beta 3 if things don't go as well as I anticipate.
I'm hoping the buildbot helped shake out a lot of the bugs we might
have seen in the alphas.  We'll have to wait and see what makes sense.