[Python-Dev] Two buildbot slaves wedged

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 20:14:38 CET 2006

svn got confused trying to incorporate updates to the email pkg.  Slaves

    sparc solaris10 gcc trunk
and
    x86 gentoo trunk

got stuck in their trunk "updating" steps for 7 hours, presumably as a result.

I killed those builds, and tried to start new builds on those slaves.
There was no effect apart from their "pending" count rising from 6 to
7.  They respond to pings, but won't start another build.

I'm not sure how they get into such a state (but saw it at Zope Corp
at times too).  It's possible that their buildbot processes need to be
restarted, and/or that the master process needs to be restarted.