[Python-Dev] Patch or feature? Tix.Grid working for 2.5

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 23:27:05 CET 2006

On 3/18/06, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> Christos Georgiou wrote:
> > I would like to know if supplying a patch for it sometime in the next couple
> > of weeks would be considered a patch (since the widget currently is not
> > working at all, its class in Tix.py contains just a pass statement) or a
> > feature (ie extra functionality) for the 2.5 branch...
>
> I wouldn't object to including it before beta 1.

Nor would I.  I'm not sure if this helps or not, but a general rule of
thumb is if it's 100 lines it's probably a patch.  If it's 1000 lines,
it's probably a major feature.  Given such a patch is pure python and
probably much closer to 100 lines, this should be ok.

BTW, have you contacted the Tix people?  It is a separate project and
looks like people are working on it.  http://tix.sourceforge.net/