[Python-Dev] GeneratorExit inheriting from Exception

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Mar 21 02:58:50 CET 2006

Barry Warsaw wrote:

> Ideally, StandardError would be called
> Error ...  Their non-error exceptions
> would be derived from Exception.

Having something called StandardError suggests that
there are "non-standard errors" around somewhere.
Are we to have Error Police going around making
sure everyone's errors are standardised? :=)

Also, "standard error" sounds like some sort of
statistical term to me...

University of Canterbury,	   | Carpe post meridiam!          	  |
Christchurch, New Zealand	   | (I'm not a morning person.)          |