[Python-Dev] Python 3000 Process

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Tue Mar 21 05:06:28 CET 2006

The Python 3000 mailing list has been created. From now on let's have
all discussions related to Python 3000 on that list. Please subscribe

Let's start by attempting to answer the process questions: timeline;
upgrade path; library reform; implementation strategy; and feature
proposal process. I'll be away tomorrow so there's plenty of
opportunity to start without me. :-)

There's also a list for Python-3000-related checkins. Don't subscribe
to that one yet, it's very boring and uninteresting. Also, Barry
hasn't done the svn magic yet. :-)

BTW please be patient with inquiries about Python 3000 on python-dev.
While *proposals* of new features etc. can safely be referred to the
python-3000 list, *questions* on python-dev about Python 3000 (e.g.
"when will it be released" or "will I have to rewrite all my code" or
even "what's the fate of existing feature X") are best answered,
initially directly on python-dev, eventually by referring to the
appropriate PEPs once they have been written (and are on-line -- a
sore point right now since the new website has broken the process for
updating the on-line copies of PEPs automatically upon checkin into