[Python-Dev] Building Python for AMD64 (Windows)

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Mar 22 23:25:01 CET 2006

Thomas Heller wrote:
> Is there a library missing?

Either that (although I forgot the library name - google knows it),
or a command line option missing: there is an option to suppress
usage of these security check symbols. It appears that VS 2005
has them disabled by default, whereas the SDK compilers have
enabled them by default. I think Python should not link with these
libraries, but disable the feature instead.

> BTW: When this eventually builds, will this run on an Athlon64, or
> does it need an Opteron processor?

It should run on any AMD64 processor, including Intel processors with
EM64T.

Regards,
Martin