[Python-Dev] r43214 - peps/trunk/pep-3000.txt

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 20:10:03 CET 2006

On 3/23/06, M.-A. Lemburg <mal at egenix.com> wrote:
> Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> >>
> >> Dito for BeOS, now under the name Zeta OS.
> >
> > Who is the one interested in maintaining the BeOS port? the last
> > checkins related to BeOS seem to originate from the 2001/2002 period.
>
> That would be Donn Cave:
>
>         http://bebits.com/app/4232
>
> He's also the one who wrote the Bethon wrapper for the BeOS C++ API.
>
> BTW, the fact that you don't see new checkins doesn't necessarily
> mean that a port is no longer used. It may just be that the existing
> port still works without changes.

True, but note that he says there are patches against 2.4.2.  So he
apparently is maintaining this outside the Python source tree.  If
that's already the case, is it worth us keeping all the #ifdef'ery etc
in the trunk?

I know Donn from his c.l.p postings, but I don't recall him on
python-dev or seeing a patch.  Donn if you are here, care to explain
what direction you think we should take?