[Python-Dev] test_quopri, test_wait3, and test_popen2

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 00:00:53 CET 2006

On 3/23/06, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> I have been looking into the (seemingly random) test_popen2
> failures today, and found that it fails when the tests

I played with this some last night and found the same ordering.  I
have a different patch that also fixes the problem.  It also fixes 2-3
bugs I think.  Basically the child could be waited on from outside
popen (or from 2 threads).  The question is what should we do if that
happens?  I wrapped some calls and handled the exceptions.  Threads
can be handled fine since we have the return result.  But if the child
was waited on from outside popen, we don't have the status info.  I'm
not sure what to do about that.

There is a problem with the patch that I should use self.sts if it's not -1.
See bug #1183780 for the details.