[Python-Dev] Changing -Q to warn for 2.5?

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 07:04:25 CEST 2006

http://python.org/sf/1458927 asks if -Q warn option should become the
default in 2.5.  PEP 238 (http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0238/)
says:

"""
The -Q command line option takes a string argument that can take four
values: "old", "warn", "warnall", or "new".  The default is "old" in
Python 2.2 but will change to "warn" in later 2.x versions.
"""

Is this still accurate?  Do we want to change the default in 2.x?  If
so, does x == 5?

I'm not sure this is worth in 2.x.  If we aren't going to change it,
we should update the PEP.  OTOH, people ask how they can find integer
division in their code.  Even though they can use the flag themselves,
I wonder if anyone who wants help finding integer division really uses
the flag.