[Python-Dev] Libref sections to put new modules under?

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Mon Mar 27 23:49:40 CEST 2006

At 01:33 PM 3/27/2006 -0800, Guido van Rossum wrote:
>Is the with statement documented yet?

Sort of.  I've added stuff to the language reference, but the "What's New"
for it is blank right now.  There's nothing in the tutorial, either, and of
course contextlib isn't in the libref yet (which is what triggered my
question).

PEP 342 is also virtually undocumented outside of the "What's New".  So far
all I've done is correct the part about yield not being allowed in
try/finally; apart from that I'm a bit hung up on how to document the new
hybrid nature of "yield" in the language reference.  It's like "New
YIELD!  It's a statement!  It's an expression!  It's an
operator!  It's...  well, we don't know what it is.  But it's great!"  :)

Suggestions on how to handle this appreciated.  :)