[Python-Dev] I'm not getting email from SF when assigned abug/patch

Thomas Wouters thomas at python.org
Tue Mar 28 12:54:07 CEST 2006

On 3/28/06, Wolfgang Langner <tds333+pydev at gmail.com> wrote:

> what about trac:
>
> http://www.edgewall.com/trac/
>
> It is based on python and has a very good svn integration.

Sorry, I should have realized more than half of python-dev lacked the
context in which I made my suggestion.  At PyCon and in a few other select
groups, there's been talk about swapping SF for 'something else'. (Actually,
there's been a lot of talk about that everywhere, but I'm talking about
concrete proposals ;) The problem is 'which 'something else''. There is a
PSF committee that is charged with proposing and trying out, but it got
somewhat stuck at trying to get information from SourceForge. My suggestion
is to use the existing, installed, configured roundup installation so we can
give it a whirl. Obviously, we will also want to give trac and jira and any
other serious alternatives a try. (But Bugzilla and RT have already been
veto'd.)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at python.org>

spread!