[Python-Dev] pysqlite for 2.5?

Josiah Carlson jcarlson at uci.edu
Wed Mar 29 03:23:21 CEST 2006

Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 18:24 -0500, Phillip J. Eby wrote:
>
> > On the plus side, it sounds like ASPW is a more general wrapping of SQLite,
> > which seems to me to lean in its favor for the stdlib, if it can also be
> > brought into DBAPI compliance.
>
> If there's some general uncertainty about which to add, then it might
> make better sense to wait and not add either for Python 2.5.

I'm not sure that there is uncertainty about *which* to add.  So far
we've seen a handful of +1s for pysqlite, but a link and short
discussion about aspw.

In my opinion, because pysqlite already has a DBAPI compliant interface
to sqlite, and of us who have used it have had positive experiences, I
don't see how aspw is even competition, let alone influential enough to
push the adoption of an embedded SQL server to Python 2.6 or later.

 - Josiah