[Python-Dev] I'm not getting email from SF when assigned abug/patch

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Wed Mar 29 09:45:55 CEST 2006

On 3/28/06, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> skip at pobox.com wrote:
> > Roundup is there now, right (sans SF export)?
>
> Richard Jones has an SF importer for one of the two XML-like formats,
> the one that is correct XML but with incomplete data. The other format,
> which has complete data but is ill-formed XML, has no importer into
> roundup at the moment.
>
> > Trac is being used by the
> > folks doing the new website.  What other candidates are being considered?
>
> My view is that nothing should be "considered" unless there is
> a) a volunteer to operate the tracker (or, failing that, somebody who
>    does it for money), and
> b) an importer of whatever data SF can provide.

And as the chair of the infrastructure committee, those are the base
requirements for a tracker to be considered.

Once we have the complete SF data I will put out a call for proposals
for trackers along with who has volunteered to manage them so that
people can band together to help push their favorite tracker.

But as of right now the committe just wants to get a clean dump of our
SF data to work off of (yes, we could start a tracker from scratch but
we want the SF data anyway and so we are going through the hassle of
getting it off now and as a test data set for the various trackers).

-Brett