[Python-Dev] I'm not getting email from SF when assignedabug/patch

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Wed Mar 29 17:52:07 CEST 2006

Georg Brandl wrote:

> Generally, I like Trac very much, especially for its interconnected subsystems.
> I've used it with smaller projects, and there it works perfectly.

> Having said that, I don't know if the Trac ticket system (which would be the
> most important subsystem for us) scales up well enough.

I'm completely fail to see why a Trac server shouldn't scale up at least as
well as the SF-hosted Python tracker...  (I mean, we're talking about one
project, not 116,757 ...)

> Of course, if there are only a few bits missing, instead of paying someone
> to operate a complicated tracker, perhaps the money could be used to pay
> someone to improve Trac...

I cannot find the message right now, but I'm quite sure that someone
recently suggested that the right way to try out a new tracker was to
use it for the Python 3000 activity.

my suggestion is to ask the python-hosting folks if they're willing to set
up a free pyk3 account:

    http://www.python-hosting.com/freetrac

if this works well for Python 3000, the next step would be to ask them
if they're willing to host the 2.X tracker as well (and optionally the SVN
archive, as well).  PSF might not be the Mozilla Foundation, but I'm sure
there's enough funds to pay for suitably large commercial account.

</F>