[Python-Dev] pysqlite for 2.5?

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Mar 30 04:21:29 CEST 2006

Bill Janssen wrote:

> "db" and "em" are too short to be useful context-free abbreviations,

There's a big difference between "db" and "em": "db" is
an extremely well-known abbreviation, whereas "em" isn't.

At the top level of a reorganised package namespace, I
don't think it would be out of place to reserve "db"
for database stuff. It can always be renamed on import
if it happens to conflict with anything in code, and
I wouldn't object to not being able to have my own
top-level package called "db".

University of Canterbury,	   | Carpe post meridiam!          	  |
Christchurch, New Zealand	   | (I'm not a morning person.)          |