[Python-Dev] alpha problems -- need input

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Mar 30 08:35:59 CEST 2006

Neal Norwitz wrote:
> The question is how to fix these.  test_float and test_struct fail due
> to a Floating Point Exception signal (SIGFPE).

I would hope that there is some way to control the floating point error
mode of the CPU (*). Changing it would be one option; Tim hopefully can
tell us whether it's a good idea to do so.

Regards,
Martin

(*) I believe you use some #pragma for that in C99; before, there might
be some libc or libm API to manipulate the error mode.