[Python-Dev] I'm not getting email from SF whenassignedabug/patch

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 10:04:10 CEST 2006

On 3/29/06, Fredrik Lundh <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote:
> Neal Norwitz wrote:
>
> > I'm in favor of having Atlassian setup a system to be used for 3k.  It
> > would be completely experimental and could be completely thrown away
> > which should be made clear to Atlassian if we were to do this.  I
> > would use the system for evaluation.
>
> so what's the advantage of a freely hosted Atlassian setup compared
> to a freely hosted Trac setup ?

Someone else's time to setup and maintain it.  In particular, it won't
take any time away from any python developer.  Plus it's just a chance
for me to learn.

> from what I can tell, no big contemporary Python project use Atlassian.
> they all use Trac.  there are thousands of Python developers out there
> that are used to working with Trac.

If someone setups and maintains an instance of Trac, I'd use that too.
 I suppose I could use Roundup on python.org, but I don't know if it's
working.  I've used Roundup before, but it was an old version and
obviously not tailored to python's setup.

Like I said, I won't be prepared to use any new tracker for some time,
at least a couple of weeks.  If people want to setup systems for me to
test out, I'm willing to be a guinea pig.  The only thing I really
care about is what makes my life the easiest.