[Python-Dev] Fwd: Python 2.5 update

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Mar 31 00:15:42 CEST 2006

Martin Blais wrote:
> What is the process for upgrading the stdlib version of optparse?

Very simple: the author of the library would have to contribute it.
Actually, if the changes where contributed by Optik contributors, they
would have to contribute them to Python.

> Are there any plans to upgrade the stdlib's 1.5a2 to the stable 1.5?

I don't have any such plans: I cannot just incorporate somebody else's
library into Python without his permission.

> If there are no plans to do that, what is the process exactly, and can
> I nudge it with a little bit of armwork somehow?

Ask the authors to act.

Regards,
Martin