[Python-Dev] Date for DC-area Python sprint?

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Tue May 2 17:32:21 CEST 2006

I'm working on setting up a sprint in the Washington DC area;
currently I have a lead that would be in Arlington.  I'd like to
discuss the date on python-dev in order to coordinate with other
events.

The sprint has no particular goal, so people might just hack on their
core-related projects.  It certainly doesn't need to be limited to
core Python; if space is available, people could certainly come to
work on other projects.

I'm thinking May 27th might be a good date.  The Need For Speed sprint
is May 21-28 (Sunday to Sunday), so the DC-area people can coordinate
with the other sprinters via IRC.  On the 21st the Need For Speed
sprinters might be scattered, with people still arriving; on the 28th
people will be leaving.  The 27th seems like a good compromise (though
maybe everyone in Iceland will be burnt out by that point).

Also, does someone want to organize a bug day for the same date, or a
sprint on the West Coast or in the Midwest?

--amk