[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] r45925 - in python/trunk: Lib/tempfile.py Lib/test/test_os.py Misc/NEWS Modules/posixmodule.c

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat May 13 08:28:53 CEST 2006

M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> What do you think ?

I think the size could be further reduced by restricting the set of
error codes. For example, if the COM error codes are left out, I only
get a Python file with 60k source size (although the bytecode size
is then 130k). I'm not sure whether GetLastError can ever return a COM
error code, but in my experience, it never did.

I wouldn't want to introduce a clumsy interface just to achieve space
savings. If people consider the space consumption of 200k disk
size unacceptable (or would never use the module because of the runtime
size effects), the entire idea should be dropped (IMO). OTOH, I don't
find such a size increase unacceptable myself.

Regards,
Martin