[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] r46005 - in python/trunk: Lib/tarfile.py Lib/test/test_tarfile.py Misc/NEWS

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Mon May 15 23:35:12 CEST 2006

[Brett Cannon]
>  Ignorant question probably, but why can't the test just check for the
> directory first, and remove it if it exists?

Because it's a stupid hack that should never be necessary:  the test
cleans up after itself in a "finally" clause.  It only looks
attractive right now because an earlier bug caused the Windows boxes
to swap themselves to death, and the "finally" clause never executed.
So, what the heck, sure, I checked that in :-)