[Python-Dev] 2.5 schedule

Andrew MacIntyre andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au
Sat May 20 00:23:05 CEST 2006

Neal Norwitz wrote:
> I moved up the 2.5 release date by a bit.  Ideally, I wanted to have
> the final on July 27 which corresponds to OSCON.  This seems too
> aggressive since I haven't updated the schedule publicly.  So the new
> schedule has rc1 slated for July 27.
>
>     http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0356/
>
> So far we've only had very few 2.5 bug reports for the first 2 alphas.
>  Hopefully people really are testing. :-)
>
> I'll continue to bug people that have action items.

I'm sorry, but I find such advancing schedules with little warning quite
objectionable.  Particularly the cutoff for new functionality implicit
in the last of the alphas.

I have been working on patch 1454481 to try and make the original
alpha 3 deadline in the context of my other commitments.  I still
hope to get it done early next week, but having that deadline advance
without apparent warning just made things harder.

Andrew.