[Python-Dev] 2.5 schedule

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Sun May 21 09:10:04 CEST 2006

On 5/19/06, Anthony Baxter <anthony at interlink.com.au> wrote:
> Remember, the feature freeze isn't until beta1. New stuff can still go
> in after the next alpha, before beta1.
>
> And pure speedup related items aren't likely to cause feature changes
> (I hope)

I agree. Of course, it's preferable to get things in ASAP to get more
testing.  I should probably check in my perf patch for speeding up
function calls.  It would be great if someone picked that up in the
sprint and polished it off.  The last version I posted should work in
debug and normal modes, adds some simple profiling.  i think the only
thing that it didn't have that Martin requested was more inlining of
PyCFunction_CallMethod(?).  I'm not sure if that would be faster or
not.