[Python-Dev] [Web-SIG] Adding wsgiref to stdlib

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Tue May 23 08:19:28 CEST 2006

[Phillip J. Eby]
> It's not clear to me whether this means that Ian can just relicense his
> code for me to slap into wsgiref and thence into Python by virtue of my own
> PSF contribution form and the compatible license, or whether it means Ian
> has to sign a form too.

It's clearly best if Ian signs a form:  as

    http://www.python.org/psf/contrib/

explained, one of the primary aims of the PSF form is to give the PSF
legal right to _re_license the work.  You have no such right if Ian
merely licenses his code to you, and so also no basis on which you can
represent that the PSF can relicense the portions of your work derived
from Ian's.  If Ian can sign a PSF form, that keeps the legalities as
clear as possible.